Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday


. . . . Billy, my Nephew, has been after me for months to drive him out to my place so he could see where I live since moving from Larsen Lane a year ago. Today was the day. ChiChi and I picked him up at his place about 12:30 and we drove out the West Side highway to Castle Rock then turned south to visit Melvin for a while. For several days I have wanted to check out the river level so I could compare it with the level I found at the USGS site. The river level at present is 36.5 feet at Castle Rock and at that depth it is possible to find a dry spot at the fishing hole to cast out a lure. However that would be the case only if I was positive there were fish swimming by at the time. Under normal circumstances I have decided to not get too excited about going down there until the water level reaches 35.5 feet at Castle Rock. The flow at the moment is 14.600 cfpc and if that lowers I am sure the river will drop. Perhaps I’ll check again Monday. The water color is good and fishing might be OK at other spots. After leaving Mel  we drove to my place and visited for a few minutes before delivering Bill home. We had broken clouds today and the weather may have gotten to 70 degrees, not bad for Cowlitz Valley.
http://celford52.wordpress.com/
http://www.youtube.com/celford52

No comments:

Post a Comment