Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday

. . . . .I have enjoyed a very quiet day; got my reading caught up as well as any sleep I may have missed in the past month. The most exciting thing that happened was this evening after dark. When I let ChiChi out I always open the kitchen door to the garage rather than the front door. From there he uses a small cat door Roy had put in for his cat several years ago. I then push the kitchen  door back to the almost closed position [but not latched] so the cold air stays out but he can, by pushing against the door, open it and return to the house. After I fed him this evening I let him out and he was gone long enough for me to completely forget about him. After a while I became aware that he was out there barking his fool head off but I was interested in O’Reilly so I ignored him. All of a sudden there was a great crash behind me [that is where the door is] and the dog came rushing in. He must have been running at full speed when he smashed his little body against that door, he then skidded on the linoleum attempting to gain traction as he headed at a fear filled gallop toward the couch. I thought for sure a mountain lion was behind him. He jumped up on the back of the stuffed couch and began to bark like crazy out the window. By then he had my attention so I jumped up to look out the window too. I saw nothing, it was darker than a coal pit out there. I walked to the door to close it and as I did so he thought I was interested enough to follow him out through the doggie door and continue the investigation. He took off like a shot guessing, I suppose, that I was right behind him. No such luck, doggie, looking out the window I watched him running toward the edge of the parking area barking again. I never saw what his problem was so I reset the door and left him out there. He came back  a few minutes later all at peace with the world. Silly dog. Just another exciting day in Pleasant Hill. The rest of the evening will be used to watch my Monday night commercials then off to bed to read myself to sleep.
 http://celford52.wordpress.com/
http://www.youtube.com/celford52
http://cliffordaelford.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment