Monday, June 11, 2012

MONDAY


. . . . .Rain is expected  tomorrow but this morning was beautiful. I felt when I got up that it would be a nice day for fishing. It turned out that I was right about fishing but the catching was no good. It was really a very nice day to sit by the river and read between sessions with the shovel throwing sand from one part of the dike to another. Actually I am widening the steps going down to the rivers edge. I suppose a good share of it will be filled in next winter but that’s OK, I will just have something more to do next spring. . . . . Strange stuff: Last fall I sent Terri some sun hats in Hawaii and they have never arrived. The Post Office attempted to trace them but you know how that goes. On March 19 of this year I mailed a package of plastic dish covers to Natalia in Mazatlan. They have yet to arrive. I did not pay for first class to Hawaii but I thought I should for the package to Mexico. For all the good it did me. I went to the Post Office today but all they could offer was ‘sorry’. I can remember many years ago when the French Postal delivery was the laughing stock of the world, they now have competition. . .  .At the moment there is heavy rain North of Westport, I expect it will be here in the morning. Life is Grand!


No comments:

Post a Comment