Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday



Tuesday. . . . I began the day by taking a shower, ChiChi is next but there is not enough sunshine for him to properly dry off. If he is going with me on my trip he is going to have a bath before we leave. He is not going to like the bath idea and I hate to do that to him in cool weather. Such is life, doggie. . . . . I went to work on my first attempt at spaghetti sauce this morning. All of the ingredients I could think of were in the pot and simmering by 11:30. My base was Prego, I did add some salt and pepper but not much. I added no other spices, just hamburger and onions. Oh, yes, four cloves of garlic too... . . . There were two deer exploring outside my living room window at noon. ChiChi never even noticed them. They walked on up the hill past the pump house, minding their own business. . . .  After simmering the spaghetti sauce for about 6 hours I boiled up some noodles and sat down to a wonderful tasting bowl of my famous spaghetti! Wow! I really surprised myself! That is good stuff.  I had added a can of corn, large olives, and a can of stewed tomatoes during the cooking process. I feel the finishing touch was the dab of sour cream stirred in after the finished product was placed in the serving plate. . . . . After watching too many commercials this evening I headed for bed at 9:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment