Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday


. . . . There was a steady drizzle in progress when I got up this morning. I got my laundry caught up and had breakfast completed by 8AM.
The river is up a bit, as expected. I had no desire to go fishing so I thought about bowling. It was a struggle but after lunch I did drive into town and bowled 6 lines. My average turned out to be 140 with a high game of 155 and a low of 102. I would have had a good average but for that low rascal. After bowling I stopped by the dollar store and bought two more books then visited with Ron and Caren for a while. Their place is looking good, they have a landscaper making improvements all over the yard. Caren and Colter have colds or allergies, I hope it is not colds. It rained hard on the way home from their place, it was nice to get inside and let it pour!. . . .Power went out a few minutes before 5PM, I will be waiting until 8PM to watch O’Reilly tonight. The power was back a few minutes after his five O’clock show ended. It is really exciting here when we have a power failure because the whole place works on electricity, the toilets only flush once because the water is supplied by a well, pumped by an electric motor. Roy stopped by to let me know that they had phoned the power company [cell phone] and discovered that a large area was out. We also had a real nice [not] downpour during that hour: I spent most of the time reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment