Friday, September 5, 2014

FRIDAY. . . . .

. . . . .There were a lot of guide boats on the Cowlitz today; I think it is because the Columbia has been closed to fishing for a short time. I saw Mark, Mel's friend, catch two Harvest trout while I was at the river. They were large enough to make a meal each. I didn't catch anything but the weather was nice. Happily it was sort of cool at first. I say happily because I could not find ChiChi after about an hour of wondering where he might have wandered off to. I discovered that he had never gotten out of the car when I parked on the dike. He usually does a lot of exploring when we first arrive so I was not too upset when at first I could not find him. He was nevertheless pleased to have me open the door and let him escape a horrible death in a locked car. His throat is better today and he is eating the canned dog food that I have mixed with water.  Also, there are still a lot of Blackberries at the rivers edge and while I was eating some he was there begging for his share. It surprised me that he was willing to eat anything but the berries went down as well as they ever had when I offered them to him. Crazy dog likes blackberries I guess.

1 comment:

  1. You said ChiChi's throat is better today. Did I miss something? Was his thtoat sore ftom something? WOW! That was s close call with him in the car. So glad you found him before it was too late. Kinda made me sick to my stomach at first. But he is found and ok. I bet he was super happy to see you.

    ReplyDelete