Saturday, September 27, 2014

SATURDAY. . . ..

. . . . . Today was the day!  After three years with nothing I landed a 6-8 pound King. Mel had caught a 30 pounder while fishing with Jeff Miller a few days ago and Jeff came by around 11 AM to show me four more he and his son had caught this morning. I was netting my fish just as Mel was bringing his equipment down for some bank fishing too. An hour later he landed a 20 pound Chinook. If I can catch 'em you have to know that the river is full of fish! I took mine home and cut off some steaks for myself and delivered the balance to Roy and his wife. They love fish and I am happy to supply them. Fish is a meat I would never buy at the market but I do like cooking up a small steak whenever I catch one. There was no rain today and the temperature was almost just fine. If my luck holds I will do well bowling tomorrow! .  .  .  .  Forgot to mention that two deer were peeking into my living room window this evening. I was watching TV at the time and waved at them. They made no effort to run away. I suppose they were looking for the apples that Roy some times leaves for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment