Tuesday, December 2, 2014

TUESDAY. . . . . .

. . . . .  .I had an early lunch today then left for town for some shopping and to try my luck at the bowling alley. I was surprised to find that the bowling alley was stuffed with people and would not have an open lane until after noon-thirty. . . . .I then proceeded to the market, in this case WalMart in search of some groceries and look for Stereo Speakers for my TV but was unable to find any that turned me on. After purchasing the groceries I returned home.  Earlier in the day I had been having trouble with my computer monitor, it was blanking out on me and as the morning progressed it got worse. I turned it off before leaving for town. My hope was that it would cure itself after a little rest, fat chance. When I got home and turned it on there was no 'picture' at all. Dead monitor, I decided. I phoned Caren and asked her what she thought of the symptoms and she agreed that it was truly dead. I then drove back to WalMart and purchased a new monitor. I am now the proud owner of a 27'' computer monitor. It is almost too large for the  available space but it will be great when I get back to my Flight Simulator. Luckily I have a little money set aside for such emergencies and I don't feel the financial pinch that most would experience. The old monitor lasted seven years and that is the same age as my computer, makes me wonder what's next. At least my Christmas shopping is all finished and the credit card balance is again zero. All I need now is a full tank of gas and I can consider myself a rich American.

No comments:

Post a Comment