Monday, August 6, 2012

MONDAY


. . . .I stopped by the Pharmacy today to get stocked up on more meds then drove the West Side Hwy to Kelso and the bowling alley. My first five games were 130-128-149-171-124 which gave me a 140 average. I was pleased with that. I was starting my 6th game when Ernie, the guy who gave me all of that help two years ago, including his old size 10 bowling shoes walked up to me with a shinny bowling ball in his hands. He has recently inherited a new ball and offered me his old one free for nothing. It is not a perfect fit but the next five games I bowled with it produced 158-170-156-189-203= a 175 average. I was so excited that I bowled another five lines just to see what I could do when tired, 153-160-116-151-118= a 140 average. My total average for the 15 lines was 152. That was a great day of bowling for me! I am excited to see if I do as well on Thursday at the league games. I now have Ernie’s shoes and ball, if only I could work up to his score! . . . . I was up late last night watching the NASA Mars landing, really exciting and I was watching it live on the computer so I didn’t have to sit through those commercials. I have to admit I did not believe such a complicated landing attempt would work, I predicted a big crash and dead Rover. That shows how much I know, again! I wonder if I should predict it finds proof of former life on the planet! Naw, I won’t go that far because I am usually wrong about things like that.. . . .I delivered ChiChi to the vet this afternoon for a final checkup on his left rear knee, it is going to be a long time before he can use the leg, if ever. The vet does not want to apply another splint because he will just chew it and his foot off again. He does not seem to be in a lot of pain as long as he does not attempt to walk on that leg.
 http://celford52.wordpress.com/
http://www.youtube.com/celford52

2 comments:

  1. I know you had one bowling ball and then replaced it with a lighter one and now you have this new one that seems to be the best of all. What was the weight of each one of them??? Thanks.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one was 16.7 pounds. the other two are 12 pounds.

    ReplyDelete