Thursday, January 8, 2015

THURSDAY. . . . .

. . . . . . . .I was up late this morning and felt rested. Natalia was having a breakfast of home made juice  and offered me  a glassful. It was celery, green apple and pineapple. A most healthy meal and it lasted me for three hours until I ordered lunch in Old Town. I found the location of the Library, it has moved about six blocks since last year. After renewing my card I checked out a book and began strolling around town. I had lunch at Costanza's, a place owned by Ruth, a friend of Natalia. Every body is a friend of Natalia. She should run for Mayor.   The first picture is of Her Christmas Tree. I am in charge of helping her take it down come Saturday. She said she spent eight hours putting this together.
The next pic is of her living room, the artwork on the wall is her own work. it was done with black sticky tape. The birds on the wires were cut out of white sticky tape and painted red.
 
She wants to find a way to hang the bike on hooks out back on the Patio.
 
I turned to the left after the last pic and snapped one of the kitchen and looking out on the patio,
 
the armless figure is of plaster that adds to the decor of the Patio.
 
These two are pictures taken from the kitchen door looking out.
 
 
While at the Library I was going through the many boxes of free books with the cats keeping an eye on me. The owner of the business told me the cats are free too. Then she corrected herself and said, "Not really". The library is the American Library. it was put together many years ago by some of the tourists who were visiting the area, it is small enough to be housed in an area about 24X24 feet. I am sure it is almost a non profit although my fee for my two months is 250 pesos. Each peso equals about 7.8 cents. You do the math. I told the volunteer when I renewed that I had gotten a email reminder last week and flew all the way down here just to renew. He told me a lot of people do that each winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment