Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday

 . . . Wow! Only two weeks left of this wonderful, sunny, warm winter season! I hope I return to spring time in Kelso! That does not seem likely though, from what I am following in the weather reports. Oh well, I’ll survive. When I awoke this morning my right hip felt like I have been hit with a 2X4 or a baseball bat. I have no idea what I may have done to it yesterday to release such bone deep pain. There is no bruise and no swelling. After breakfast I painfully walked to the beach and watched the incoming fishermen feed their scraps to the Pelicans in between paragraphs of the new book I am reading. [The Scarlet Letter]. After a couple of hours had passed and as usual I developed an appetite, I limped across the Main Street and ordered three Marlin Tacos with a Fresca. It came with salsa and a radish/cucumber plate. It took me a long time to eat the meal because I was reading more than eating. Plus the fact that I did not wish to get back on that right leg/hip. But eventually I forced myself back to the house to continue the book and fell asleep. 90 minutes later I woke up and saw it was 3PM. I then dragged myself to the nearby plaza two blocks away and sat in the sun for a while. I was only wearing a t-shirt over my arms and the sea breeze was picking up and cooling down. I was home again at about 4:30, finished for the day. I applied some Icy Hot to my hip muscle and hoped for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment