Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday

 . . . . . Last night Natalia got home right after work and went to bed immediately after asking me to wake her at 8PM so she could get to her mother’s place to help her. I knocked on her door at 8pm and by 8:10 she had left. She planned on staying the night but returned at 9:30 to get her purse and other materials.
She told me she had taken her mother to the hospital because she was not breathing properly and was not responding to questions. She told me her sister and brother were at the hospital or on the way and that is where she would be for the rest of the night. She told me she had taken her Mother to a private hospital because if she had gone to Government Hospital she would die waiting to be seen by a doctor. Sounds a lot like Obamacare to me but she has told me in the past that it is much worse than that in Mexico. I gave Natalia a hug and wished her luck as she rushed out the door. I then returned to my reading. The nap I had had earlier in the day made sleep impossible . . . . . Natalia returned at 6:30am and said she had slept for a while during the night and that her mother is awake and able to talk. Natalia had a cup of coffee and a shower before getting dressed for work. She said she would see me tonight but was not sure that means after she gets off work or after she gets back from the hospital visit with her mother. . . . .Olivia arrived around 10 am to do the house cleaning and I left to take a last walk around the beach front and take some last minute pictures. I had lunch at a little Mom &Pop place close by before returning to the house. Olivia was still busy so I went to my room and brought this blog up to the present time of 1:20pm… . . . . . I also attempted to get airline booking information online but was unable to do so. The notice told me I will have to check with the counter people at the airport tomorrow. Perhaps the plane has been canceled and they will put me up in a 5-Star Hotel for a couple more weeks. Naw, never happen. If I were that lucky I would have won the lottery years ago. Olivia was gone by 2pm and I packed my bag before hiking the ten blocks to the Café for a super large piece of lemon pie and a glass of milk. I was there for a while reading but got home by 5:30, took a shower and generally relaxed the rest of the day. Natalia got home at 6:45 with a cold bottle of wine that she opened so we could have a drink and a toast to ‘next year’. She said she had had other plans; she wanted to cook a very nice dinner for me on my last evening here but that the wine would have to do. I told her the glass of wine and quiet time on the patio was just fine with me. It didn’t last long though because she had to leave to stop by her mother’s place for some things before getting to the hospital to spend the night. She was out the door by 7:20. My packing is all done, ten minutes in the morning and I will be ready to catch a taxi. Natalia will be here about 6 to get ready for work while I eat the last of my cold cereal. She will leave for work at the usual time of 8am and I will be going out the door shortly after that to find that Taxi I was talking about, Natalia said she was sorry that she did not find anyone to take me. I told her that her plate was full, she had done plenty for me and that I was very appreciative for all she had done! She said thank you, see you in the morning and she was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment