Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday

. . . Breakfast was to be at 9am but the guests arrived late, which turned out to be a good thing because Natalia had run a little behind. The second couple arrived about twenty minutes later but they had not planned on eating so no problem. However, since Natalia had done the cooking they made no excuses for not eating again. She had plenty. It was what she called a Mazatlan Breakfast, shredded beef was part of one of the servings and eggs with cactus and white onion was another. Refried beans [thin] made up another dish. Tortillas, of course and the dessert was a bread/cake combination with lots of sugar and cinnamon cooked into it and sprinkled over it. The last guest left before noon and I helped Natalia get the place in order. She then left for a trip to the bank and to take her cell phone in to be looked at, it is not taking calls. She left again about 2pm to have a gathering with her family at a local restaurant. I was happy to sit quietly at home and read while my right hip healed from whatever was giving it problems. It felt very sore at the muscle but there was no bruise. I must have pulled a muscle because it is much improved from yesterday. I didn’t see a cloud in the sky all day but it was not warm. Natalia’s patio gets very little sun and breakfast in the shade today was not comfortable. Next time I come here I will bring a heavy shirt/jacket. I was told today that it is not unusual for the temperatures at the airport to reach freezing some early mornings this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment