Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday

. . . . . .Natalia prepared a very nice Mexican breakfast this morning and when we finished she suggested I go to the nearby plaza and explore the farmers market that is there every Saturday. I had not yet been to one so I took her up on the idea. The farmers market had only 6 or 8 booths this morning but it was interesting to see what folks had for sale. The real excitement was discovering what a busy place the ‘Centro’ district is on a beautiful Saturday morning. I think most of the city was there and for sure all of the buses in this part of Mexico. There was a Carnaval spirit throughout the shopping area. I bumped into people for almost two hours before taking a break for lunch at the same restaurant area as yesterday except I went to a different eating place this time. This time I sat outside and since I had not brought my book along I watched the traffic and the pigeons while eating. Today I got a picture of a pigeon actually standing on my table watching me! Crazy bird. They have to be run off like flies. The buses entered the street in an unending line for as long as I was there, almost an hour, I have no idea how many but there was a long chain link of busses loading and unloading. And that fails to mention the Pulmonia’s and Taxi’s which were way too numerous to count. After lunch I paid my bill, 30 Pesos, and joined the crowds on the side walk. I wandered for some time before finding myself back at the original Plaza just two blocks from home. I sat in the quiet for a few minutes then meandered back to the house. It was 1:30 and Natalia had taken off so I decided to read for a while. I slept for about an hour and a half. When I awoke I found that Natalia had not returned so I checked out my computer and posted the blog. Tomorrow is the hike and we will be up before daylight experiencing the cool morning air in the back of an open bus. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment