Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday

. . . Today I decided to find a shop and get my hair cut. I was successful on both counts. The hair cut was not done the way Bernitta does it but it will pass until I get home and settled in. While on way to where ever that shop was I found Nancy. Or, rather, Nancy found me. I was wandering along and suddenly there she was right in front of me telling me that she was looking for a new pair of pants and women’s pants come in only two sizes in Mexico; one size for 16 year olds and the other size for their mothers. She falls in between someplace and was unhappy that it was hard for her to find a correct size. She then waved and said Bye, bye before walking on. I walked to a plaza and found a shady spot to read after my haircut but that did not last too long because I was getting hungry. I remembered a little restaurant I had passed a few days before so I headed in that direction. I sat down to read and it was several minutes before I was brought a menu. That was fine with me but it was a breakfast menu and I wanted lunch. It was 11:45. The waitress told me that lunch is not served until 1pm, a little fact that I had absorbed previously but still cannot get used to. I pointed at something on the menu that alluded to beans and potatoes and asked to have that with a diet coke. It turned out to be very good, the potatoes tasted hash browned, the beans were good and the two eggs sunny side up on top of two things that looked like tortilla’s in sauce was delicious. I still wonder what that was. Oh, yes, there were tortillas on the side with a 600 Ml Coke…. . Before the meal appeared I again heard Nancy’s melodious voice asking what I was doing so far from home. She went on to say she had purchased some vegetables for her daughter who works on the computer all day for a company in the States and thought she would make a salad for her. I remarked that that would probably be much appreciated and she waved and said goodbye. I left the restaurant about 2pm and walked home to wash my hair and get all those short, sharp little clippings out of my head. I then lay down with the book I had been reading and woke up at 4pm. The weather was extra nice today; I would recommend it to the whole world! I feel I have been here during the worst part of the winter and now spring has sprung. . . . . I left the house this morning with my belt on the fourth notch but after my nap I had to go back to notch number three. Too many beans and tortilla’s…….. I would guess I walked about two miles today. Not bad for a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment