Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday

. . . .I got my laundry caught up again this morning. Had breakfast and did some reading while that was going on and left the house by 10am. I decided to visit the Artists Fair that was being held in the Gold Zone. The Fair is an annual event that takes place every year at this time. Many artists and craft masters from this part of Mexico gather and show their wares. It is a tourist’s paradise for those of us who appreciate the local artists of any region we may visit. This year it is running for the ten days after Carnaval. I made no effort to walk the entire distance and caught the first bus I could find that was going in that direction. I arrived about 10:40 and slowly walked by every booth they had in the place. The place mentioned is a large tent with many rows of booths selling almost anything that local artists produce in an area like this. I was even lucky enough to find the Mescal I had been looking for! The worm lying dead in the bottom to the bottle is enough to insure my not drinking a drop of it, ever. I have no idea what it tastes like but it looks pretty gross. I did buy a small package of homemade banana slices deep fried and seasoned with sugar and spices, that was good. That wore off about noon so I walked across the parking lot to Chili’s Pepper Restaurant and had three Marlin Tacos with chips and salsa to go with a bottle of beer. I had taken my book with me so I was reading that and generally relaxing when all of a sudden there was an arm thrown over my shoulder and Nancy standing there voicing surprise to see my little face so far from home. She and a Canadian couple who are visiting with her had decided to attend the fair also. . . . I left the restaurant at 2pm and after purchasing the Mescal started walking toward home. I walked for an hour before deciding to stop at Dairy Queen to eat an ice cream cone and continue my book. After the ice cream I decided I had done enough walking for today and caught a bus home. It dropped me off 20 feet from Natalia’s front door at 4pm. I went inside, took off my shoes, laid down with the book in hand and awoke at 5PM. I then posted this bog and called it another good day in sunny Mazatlan.

No comments:

Post a Comment