Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday

. . . . I walked to the Plaza at ten this morning and visited with Nancy for a few minutes before moving on to another quiet spot and sat to read for a while. I was not far from the ‘Library’ [a book store run by and American fella] so between chapters I stopped by there to see what was available in the ‘free’ section. These are books that are left that others have read and no longer wanted. He sells only used books but some he does not want to be bothered with so they go in the free section. I found Shakespeare of London by Marchette Chute. I have read in the past a large biography of Shakespeare but this one seems different. It appears to be an account of his part in the theatres of the day rather than an account of his life. We shall see. I had lunch across the street from the library, the food was delicious and the temperature at sidewalk seating was just right. It was a couple of blocks from the ocean therefore no breeze. After lunch I walked on the concrete boardwalk for a while listening to the ocean waves. I was far enough South to be out of the heavy traffic area so there was not at much automobile noise as there is closer to the house. I slowly wandered back to the house and arrived there around 2:30 expecting to nap but that didn’t happen, much to my surprise. I finished the book I had started a couple of days ago then decided to walk to the CafĂ© for a Brownie and a glass of milk. I carried Shakespeare of London with me. I left the house just before 4pm and returned close to 6:00. This day had been warm enough but there was a coastal fog lingering throughout the day. It never got to the point of needing a jacket but I could tell walking home the evening was going to be cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment