Saturday, July 20, 2013

SATURDAY

……………I had a lot of fun trying to check in to the Hotel at noon. They had no record of me so I had to phone Caren [she had made the reservation] to get things straightened out. I was settled in the room by 12:30 after a comfortable seven hour drive. I could have made it in six hours but I am pokey. I then decided to gas up the car and look for a light lunch before attempting to find the pic-nic  I was promised would be taking place at Three this afternoon. It took a while to locate the place but I didn’t feel too bad, others had the same problem. A sign that used to be located on a street corner had been removed. There were a couple dozen people at the picnic and a bunch of little kids. I am sure they all belonged to somebody; they were being watched very closely while they were in the lake splashing around. There was a lot of visiting and happy sounds coming from every direction. I was one of the last ones to leave and after stopping at a local market for some chocolate chip cookies and milk I arrived back at the Hotel about 7PM. The plan is all of us will meet tomorrow at 9am for a brunch and final farewells before heading in different directions.  The weather was just fine, 97 degrees and a shady location on the edge of the lake with a nice breeze blowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment