Friday, October 17, 2014

FRIDAY. . . . .

. . . . .I guess this to be my worst day ever at fishing. I did hook a small one but he got away after a minute or so. That was fun. But let me explain: Guide boats are the locals who are licensed to take their paying passengers on fishing trips on the river. A lot of them come from foreign countries paying up to $350 per day for the privilege of fishing on the nearby waters. The Boats contain the Guide and up to five or even six fishermen. Today one of the boats with five paying customers drifted by and landed a fish right in the same spot I was fishing. OK, those are the breaks and I am willing to be happy for them. This guy drifted down about half a mile then returned stopping his engine about one hundred yards upstream of me and while drifting by landed another fish from almost the same spot. This was done six times in a row and I never even got a bite after the first one got away! I was very unhappy when I got home, I felt like a bowler who threw gutter balls all day. . . . The weather was not too bad, some sprinkles but little wind so the temperature was acceptable. At least that was something to be thankful for. I, not to be discouraged will return tomorrow and perhaps catch a really big one! It could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment