Thursday, October 23, 2014

THURSDAY. . . . . .

My bowling results were stinky again today and the team lost all four games. My average was 143. 'Nuff said! After bowling I drove to Safeway and got my annual flu shot before continuing on to the lab for a blood draw and urine deposit. I have an appointment with the Kidney Doctor tomorrow morning. The heart meds I am taking are not good for the kidneys and for that reason I am being monitored. With luck I will have good kidneys for as long as my heart lasts but only if I keep an eye on them. After leaving the lab I drove through the part of town where the 'twister' hit today. I saw men cleaning up downed trees and saw some torn roofs being patched against any possible [probable around here] rain tonight. Some windows on Vanercook way were broken by flying 'stuff', or so I heard some one say. I was unable to drive on that street because it was blocked off for cleanup personnel. The river is the color of a cup of coffee to which too much cream was added. I would not attempt fishing tomorrow even if I didn't have the Doctor appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment