Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday

....The weather was cool around here this morning but it changed a lot by noon. I was lazy until close to 1PM when I decided to hit the road and get my bod to the bowling alley. I threw 5 lines and one of them was 157 and another was 105. I don't recall what the other three were but it all worked out to a 133 average. If I had not slumped so bad during that one game I might have had good scoring day. After bowling I phoned Verda and asked if she wanted to go to lunch. I told her I wanted to pick her brain regarding the place she stayed for a few weeks during last winter in Mexico. She brought a brochure from a place called The Melville [boutique-hotel] in Old town Mazatlan. I have sent them an email requesting information about rates and availability. Verda told me she paid more than $400 per month but she feels a two bedroom would not cost a lot more than $800. If that is the case it still works out to $400 per person. It will be interesting to discover what the actual cost will be. She also gave me the name of her American friend who lives across the street from the Melville who knows an honest taxi driver for delivery of friends to and from the airport. I am interested to see how far this little search goes.
I was back at the house by 5PM to feed the dog but he is still too used to Hamburgers in the afternoon to jump right into his dog food bowl. It will be all gone in the morning but he will not let me catch him eating it. He wants me to think he is starving. Lots'a luck, little doggie! I ended up having a late lunch today so I am not sure I will have popcorn this evening. Perhaps if I find a really good commercial free movie I might break down and pig out anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment