Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wednesday

. Terri and I drove to the beach today, actually to Astoria first for lunch then a hike to the top of the Astoria Column. This was our fourth attempt to see the view from atop the large circular stairway structure. It amounted to about 160 steps of [I felt] larger than usual dimensions. The view was spectacular and as you might have guessed I forgot my camera. Luckily Terri had remembered to bring hers but the battery was dieing. All worked out fine though and after leaving there we drove to Cannon Beach for a long walk in the sand before Terri bought us some ice cream and we sat on a bench watching people walk by and occasionally petting a little doggie as the crowd ambled by. After leaving the beach we drove back to Beaverton and visited the Borders store. They are in the middle of going out of business and it was a sad time for us because we had spent many happy hours there in the past four years. I guess we didn’t spend enough money because they filed  bankruptcy a few weeks ago. Another  victim of the electronics age. We parted about 8pm and I drove home to a delighted little doggie. I had left the door to the garage open while I was gone and Roy had adjusted the large door to a height that ChiChi could use so he had the run of the yard while I was away. I had my Chocolate cookies with peanut butter and a glass of milk and went to bed. Never even turned on the puter to post this until Thursday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment