Thursday, August 14, 2014

THURSDAY. . . . .

. . . . . Did you notice that I failed to post yesterdays blog until five minutes ago? It was waiting for me when I sat down to write this one. . . . .Today was a fine day, no rain at all and not much sunshine to be happy about but it was warm. I arrived at the picnic shortly after 11AM and was there in time to help with some set up but most of it was completed before I arrived. I stayed until all of the things were packed up and Bob was ready to drive the loaded truck out. I was hanging on to a bag of 'chips' until just before Bob raised the tailgate on the truck so I tossed them inside too. When Bob reads this he will discover why there was a half bag of chips in with all of the other stuff. Most of the left over food was taken home by the 40 or so guests and I think I have enough to last me 5-6 days. Perhaps longer because I froze the ribs for later use. Three or four pounds worth after the bones were removed. It was a day to remember because our High School Trio played Banjo and sang some old songs. It is days like this that make me wonder why I ever moved to California 60 years ago. Too soon old, too late smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment