Thursday, December 12, 2013

THURSDAY

. . . . . . . . I had a good time today. It took a bit too long to get my protime test completed so I was later than I had wished to arrive at the Christmas luncheon. The luncheon went well, there were 44 people there. Forty six had promised to attend but at the last minute one of the couples was unable to make it. The Turkey dinner was tasty and seconds were available. I was good and did not order seconds of anything. Champagne was also on the menu, good stuff, Champagne. . . . Mead Zeigler was good enough to pick up the bar tab for those of us who chose to imbibe. I might have gone for seconds on that but it was not offered. I was sitting next to Mead and had I made a noise there is no doubt he would have gotten a kick out of the idea and gone for it. I thought better of  pushing him for fear I might be caught for that duty next year.. .  .On the other side of me was Bob, he got honorable mention during the proceedings for coming up with any spare dollars that were needed during the creation of the festivities. Bob is getting around really well and there were lots of folks there who were happy to see him progressing at top speed. It was close to 3PM when I got home. I settled in and watched the Denver football game for the evening.. . .The freezing weather is not so freezing and is not to be for some days. A lot of rain is expected at lower levels, the snow will be in the hills though. Even the low hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment