Tuesday, December 10, 2013

TUESDAY

.  .  .  .  .  The temperature was 31 when I left for the drive into town this morning. The highways were clear so no problem but when I got within a couple of blocks of the Silver Star the street suddenly became solid ice. Thin ice to be sure but still very slippery. As I pulled into the parking spot I applied my brakes and gently slid the last four feet or so to a stop.. . . .Lunch was fun but only half a dozen got there. Some of the gang live out in the toolies and that drive in might have been too much for them. Bob was there for the first time in several months, it sure was good to see him doing so well. . . . . . After lunch I stopped by the bowling alley to see how well I had remembered my lessons from last time. My first five lines came to a 151 average but I improved during the second five and came up with a 159. That gave me a 155.5 for the day. Not bad for a kid. Especially this kid. . . .  .I stopped by Teigens place after leaving the bowling alley and visited with Ron for a short time. I also left my Christmas presents and returned the empty food containers Caren had sent me home with earlier. Caren was not home, off running around someplace I guess. The temperature is now 34 and rain is expected tomorrow. I'm glad it is rain because I have to see my Kidney doctor in the morning for my annual checkup. I'm feeling pretty good, those bowling scores certainly perk me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment