Friday, July 25, 2014

FRIDAY

. . . . . ChiChi and I arrived at the fishing hole about 11 AM. Didn't catch any thing but I did dig around the table that fell into the water last winter. Mel came down and watched the operation after discovering that his weed eater would not start. He wanted to clean out the path leading to the sitting area but that will have to wait for another day. In the course of the digging I found that his fish net was tangled in the rope that was also wrapped around the table legs. I was able to remove the net from the water for Mel but in the process I lost my balance and fell backward into a foot of water and a sandy bottom. I knew the water was cold because I  had been working in calf deep water but that sudden soaking up to my belly button was a shock to my system! I was on my feet immediately and heading for my chair when the dizzies hit me. I am happy that the chair was there because without it I would have fallen to the sand. It took me about three minutes to stabilise my system, cold water is tough to accept plunging into! It was not long before I was back in the water to continue digging the table out. I think the river will have to come down at least two feet before I can be successful with that chore. Mel feels that the river might reach that level at some time in the next two months so I will continue working on it. When I got home I put my wet clothes in the washing machine along with my other laundry and watched a movie while that was processing. By 5PM the laundry was finished and put away. There seem to be no lasting effects from my earlier 'dunking'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment