Wednesday, July 30, 2014

WEDNESDAY. . . .

. . . . Doggy and I arrived at the fishing hole shortly after 11AM and since the water was higher and the temperature was lower I decided to finish the book I had brought with me instead of digging the table out of the sand.  About noon Mel showed up with his weed eater to clear some heavy grass around the path beside the river. He was unable to get it started a couple of days ago so he installed a new spark plug and did some work around the house yesterday. Then today he carried it down to the river and found again  it would not start. As he was attempting to get the thing started I walked to my pole and reached for it to reel it in to clear the stuff off the line. I was most unhappy to find that when I had cast the line out earlier the handle had fallen off the reel. I had to pull the line, lure and sinker in overhand and stop fishing for the day. Mel and I sat in the shade for a couple of hours to cool off before we gathered up our stuff and vacated the sitting area. I will attempt to locate a handle for the reel tomorrow after bowling and if that does not work I will purchase a new reel.It was one of those bad fishing days. The good news is I went fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment