Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday 5pm



Thursday afternoon and evening: After leaving the café yesterday I visited ‘my’ dentist here in town. I am giving a lot of thought to having both of my ‘eye teeth’ removed and having a partial manufactured for the empty space. The teeth next to those eye teeth worked themselves lose all by themselves and dropped out a few years ago. These two teeth are both what is called ‘floaters’, very loose and eventually I will lose them anyway.  My original dentist did not want to do the work because of my blood thinner, he was afraid I might start bleeding and never stop. We phoned Dr. Stonking in Longview and asked him about it and he told the dentist he was too far away to take any responsibility for the procedure. Next my dentist sent me to a local cardiologist for his opinion, that guy sent me to the lab for a blood test. In the meantime the only bleeding I am experiencing is from the pocketbook. The lab results came out fine and the cardiologist was satisfied with my condition so today my dentist sent me to a local dental surgeon. Actually, his son Roberto, who works for him, drove me the several miles to the oral surgeon.  The Oral Surgeon did not speak English but one of his assistance did so that worked out fine. The Surgeon could see no reason for any fear of anything and he expects an easy time of it on Monday the 23rd. If all goes as expected I will arrive home with a new smile. Something I have wanted since I was ten years old but could never find an excuse for spending so much money on dental work.  The total cost is about 10,000 Pesos.  Divide that by the present rate of exchange 13.56 and it is not too bad. More news from that front on Tuesday.  . . . . . In the mean time I was too far away from the house to walk so I had the nurse phone for a taxi. The ride back only took five minutes and it cost fifty Pesos. I left a 10 peso tip. Twenty percent tipping is not my usual response but the Peso is cheap enough so I decided to splurge… . Friday AM…   Natalia was out shortly after 6am this morning but returned with several bags of groceries. While she prepared what food she wanted for the day we visited. She then loaded the trunk of her car with the meals for the day and left for work; it was about 8am then so I fixed myself a bowl of cereal and read on one of her novels while I ate. By 10am I could feel my feet getting sore and realized that I had better give them some exercise or I never would. I put on my Birkenstock walking shoes, they are built like a business man’s shoe but they are for walking. A heck of a lot more comfortable than the sandals! After the first block I decided I had done the right thing.  I was gone shopping for about two hours; found another pair of magnifying reading glasses to use on the puter.  The pair I had brought with me lost one of the ear pieces. I had purchased them from the Dollar Store in Longview.. . . .I was back at the house by noon and warmed up some rice soup Natalia had made the night before. She had told me that Mexicans usually added a pinch of chili sauce for taste. I guess I added more than a pinch because that stuff cleared my sinuses immediately! After lunch and washing the dishes I continued reading. Naturally that led to sleeping. I do remember waking up once but when I looked at my watch it was 3pm. I gathered my backpack with the laptop enclosed and walked to the Café. I paid more attention this time and discovered it is a 25  minute walk. I think I wrote Terri yesterday that it took only ten minutes. Dreamer.. . . . At the Café I answered my emails and ate a large Brownie with a glass of milk, all low calorie of course. I then posted this and spent some time with my chess games, which are not going well because I have not paying enough attention. Oh, well, life in Lazy Mazatlan!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Uncle Cliff! We went to the Mexican restaurant in honor of you Sunday. We also went swimming at a private party. It was a lot of fun but it was too cold for Ron. Now that is getting old when a heated pool is too cold! It sounds like you are having a blast. Good thing you took a few different pairs of shoes with you!
    Chi Chi is doing fine. He follows me all over the house like a shadow. In fact that is his new name. "Lil Shadow." He even let Colt pet him the other day. I don't know who is more fearful Ashton of Chi Chi or Chi Chi of Ashton. They both see each other on the stairs and both about fall down the stairs trying to get away from each other.

    Let me know how your dental work goes. I have heard of a lot of women that go to Mexico to have surgeries.. Have a great time and keep in touch. I laugh out loud when I read your daily blog.
    Love,
    Caren, Colt, Chi Chi, Ron, Ruby, Ashton and Baby

    P.S. Ashton is probably going to be transitioned back home before you get back.

    ReplyDelete