Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday 29th

Friday afternoon…..I was surprised to find that it did post but a minute later I attempted to bring up my Comcast site for my email and got nothing. So I gathered my stuff and walked to the Café for some milk and brownies. . . . . I then caught up my e-mail and chess games before returning to the house

…Saturday 28th was a busy day because Natalia was having a group of nine friends stop in for lunch so she was very busy preparing food and I helped however I could. The first guests arrived at 2pm and by 3:30 we were all here.  I enjoyed listening to the conversation but was unable to understand much of it. We consumed a lot of Pacifico, Corolla and various bottles of wine along with enough food to feed twice as many. The party was still going strong when I said my ‘goodnights’ and called it a day. I attempted to get on line but the guy across the street had turned off his equipment for the week end. Or so it appears. Of course that means I will be silent all weekend because the Café is also closed on Sunday.

               Sunday, 29th, I was up by 7am and found Natalia in the kitchen, no surprise there. We visited for a while before I ate a bowl of All Bran, much needed, I could tell! She had some shopping to do with her mother today and I wanted to explore another street full of shops [open and closed] that I had not yet been on. In my travels I ran across the Melville Hotel, the first place I had phoned about accommodations per Nancy Morgan. It is a nice place but after finding Natalia I can see what a waste of money it would have been to stay there. Also, not far from The Melville I found my Internet Café. Surprisingly it was open so I asked about their hours on Sunday. I was told they close at 3pm; perhaps last week had arrived later than that and got the idea they were closed on the Lords Day. I didn’t have my laptop with me because I was not expecting to use it so I continued my exploration of that one street I had begun on. This time I explored in the opposite direction and ended up close to Natalia’s. I ducked in there long enough to pack up my laptop and return to the streets. I was wearing a long sleeved T shirt and felt a bit warm in it, love it! Wonderful weather! I started back toward the Café with lunch in mind, I was in no hurry, the place is usually crowded for lunch and I could see today was no exception. I found a pile of e-mail to work on and that left me little time to work on my chess moves but that is not a top priority, I have 5-10 to make chess moves so I can get back here tomorrow when they are open later.

No comments:

Post a Comment