Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday 4:45


Sunday Afternoon. I got back to the house a little after 3pm and remembered I had not answered a question I had received regarding costs at the Internet Café. The use of the Internet is free at this Café but I usually buy something and leave a fair tip for their generosity. For instances today the meal I ordered was 85 Pesos and I paid with a 100 Peso note, the remaining 15 Pesos being the tip. Since it is possible to buy 13.55 Pesos for a Dollar each Peso must be worth about .0740 cents. In that case I spent 100 Peso’s .074 times. That seems to come out to $7.40. That is not bad for a very nice meal and all of the Internet time I would want. However, since they closed at 3pm today [Sunday] I had to leave before I completed my chess games. I believe I am right with my arithmetic. You figure it out and let me know. I don’t have the energy to worry about it. The walk back to the house was quiet since it was a Sunday afternoon, I thought the house was empty but I called out ‘Hello’ anyway and I think I awoke Natalia from a long winters nap. She came out of the bedroom and said ‘Hello’ but disappeared before too long. I could hear the dryer going; she was not going to rest very long, the buzz when dryer stops can usually awaken the dead. I spent the rest of Sunday reading and napping, Natalia was in her room and I would bet she was catching up on her rest too.

               Monday 30th am.  .  .Natalia had told me about a small bookstore in the “Gold Zone” about 7 km away so I decided to walk there today. The path was along the beach most of the way so I thought of it as a very relaxing amount of exercise. I left the house shortly after 9am. I found the part of town she was talking about never the book store. I did locate a Burger King though; I ended up paying the most for any meal so far, 104 Pesos. The fries, burger and 32 oz.  Pepsi, just like home. Minimum daily wage in Mexico is 60 pesos so that will give you an idea of how pricy things are for the locals. I started home at 1:10 and arrived shortly before 3:00. I took a shower and decided to read for a while; waking up at 4:05. Ten minutes later I was on my way to the Café to check my e-mail and post this little tome for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment