Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday

…..I was sitting in the beach chair until almost 9pm last night. The sidewalk was quiet and the traffic almost nonexistent when I finally gave in and headed to bed. At least I had all of my Email caught up; perhaps this evening I will find time to do the same with my Chess games. However, in the meantime I had a new day ahead of me. I decided to walk to the South end of the peninsula and climb the hill the lighthouse sits on. That is the same hill that is directly behind the building where Natalia works. And not very far from the ‘lean to’ food stand I had stopped at a few days before, the one that sells only single liter Pacifico Beer. It was a long hard climb to the top and I had to stop several times to rest, I am constantly watching for chest pains at times like that but today [again] I had no pain but I did feel pooped out several times. The climb took me an hour, reminding me of my climb to Santorini during the Mediterianian Cruise a couple of years ago. The view of the City was breathtaking and well worth the time and energy spent. After walking around the small area [perhaps one acre in size] I started down. Twenty minutes later I arrived at the food stand and ordered whatever the cook was eating at the time. I think he said it was Mole; after I ate it the bones remaining looked like chicken leg and thigh. They were served with a brown gravy and rice. I cannot complain about the flavor, I thought it was good. He was able to explain that he sells only 940mm sized beers because that is all he has that is cold. I ate the meal with six corn tortillas and drank all of the beer. 75Pesos. I told him I would be back one day soon.. . . . I returned to the house without further stops and arrived about 3pm. I finished the ice cream I had purchased yesterday and took a short nap. After the nap I ate a small bowl of Natalia’s soup and when she came home from work we drove to Sam’s Club for some things she had to get.. . . We arrived back at 7:30 and I grabbed the beach chair for a session on the puter outside on the sidewalk. At the moment I am going to post this to the blog and check my email/chess games.

4 comments:

  1. So I see that someone is trying to get you to be a 'Mule' and bring pain meds back accross the border into the US. Don't do it! You are in a foriegn country. If they even suspect that something might be going on, you could find yourself in real hot water real fast. If they want drugs, let them find their own supplier. It's not worth risking your freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do not have the first idea what you are talking about Melvin. Had you not had a Felony on you you might have been able to leave somewhere outside the United States So shut your pie hole. It is totally LEGAL (something you would know little about, Mr Weedman)to bring back a certain amount. he can check with the pharmacy where he signs for it. If not then I certainly would never expect anything of the sort. We have been in Mexico as well as other foreign countries and have been able to TOTALLY LEGAL. Now go back to your bottle and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are wrong, you pain killer addicted person, you. You cannot possess prescription medication in the United States unless it is in the original container with the correct prescribed information on it unless you are that persons' legal guardianor caregiver. Whe are you trying to have Uncle Cliff supply you with your drugs? If you needed them, your doctor would prescribe them. If he won't prescribe them, then he must have a reason. By the way, I will gladly take a piss-test for drugs any day of any week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To anyone reading these comments, please read the ones from the previous entry too. I spoke to Officer Neves of the Castle Rock police department today and he confirmed that I am correct on this issue, that Uncle Cliff can not bring 'controlled substances' into this country unless he has a prescription for them. Hopefully now Caren will drop this issue and not continue to pressure Cliff to traffic her drugs.

    ReplyDelete