Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday

.  .  .  .  I packaged the chili and put it in the freezer this morning. That recipe made 14 servings. My servings, perhaps others might think it is 12. Or, if they really liked it,10. I have never had any problem freezing chili and thawing it the day before I put it in the zapper oven to reheat. I store it in double serving sized containers but have never frozen any of it twice. I finish off both servings before that need presents itself. The containers are plastic and if I fill them too full sometimes the lid pops off but that does not do anything to the flavor. This afternoon after much housekeeping and vacuuming I stopped by the Teigen’s’ house to take a test drive in their new RAV4. I should have one of those, great gas mileage and lots of room in the back for a sleeping area. It has a snappy six under the hood and all of the extras anyone would need. The push button radio works entirely from buttons on the steering wheel. . . . I left there about 2:30 and drove to Mel’s place on the way home. He gave me a couple of pounds of the turkey he had baked yesterday, that was great timing because I was getting hungry so when I got home I made a Turkey sandwich and ate it while watching football. I woke up a few minutes before 6pm and decided to post my blog for the day. Another good day, as a matter of fact.
http://celford52.wordpress.com/                        
http://www.youtube.com/celford52
http://cliffordaelford.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment