Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Noon


Friday Evening when I returned from the Café Natalia introduced me to her Granddaughter, also named Natalia. Little Natalia is 4 years old and taking English lessons. She does a good job of saying, “Hello, I’m glad to meet you, and how are you?”  They played a board game called ‘guess who’ while I ate a piece of Pizza they had brought home to me.  I went to bed after 8 and Natalia was busy preparing food for today, Little Natalia spent the night with her Grandmother and said ‘Good morning” to me when I got up. I had my usual bowl of cereal and left the house at 8:15am in a T shirt ready to enjoy another day of adventure. I walked to the Oral Surgeons office, the one I had taken a Taxi from previously, That turned out to be a long walk but only because this time I walked on the business side of the street rather than the beach side. When I got to the doctor’s office all I did was take a picture then continued along the beach for another hour. I found a McDonalds and had another breakfast at 11:30; I really wanted to try their Burgers but only the breakfast menu was available so I went for that. It all tasted like McDonalds, no complaints there. It was then noon so I walked across the street to the beach side and walked home, it was about a 90 minute walk. Natalia told me when I arrived that she was leaving and may be back tonight but was not sure; if not she would see me in the morning. She also told me she had a container of soup in the fridge for me to eat this evening. I then read for a while before packing up the laptop and walking to the Café to post this.  I will then check my email and chess games before returning to my room to continue the book I have been reading. I put a lot of miles on those Band-Aids today; they are doing their job!



Sunday. . .  .I slept eleven hours and woke up about the time Natalia returned from the market. She had left a note telling me she was going to fix Mexican Eggs for breakfast. Like the rest of her cooking it was delicious. I did the dishes while she prepared meal stuff for Monday morning. She then asked if I would like to ride with her to the fish market. I grabbed my camera and off we went. The ‘Market’ was a little stand among maybe a dozen stands just like it selling whatever  had been brought in that morning. Natalia bought some Manta-Ray; she asked me if I liked it and I had to admit I had never eaten Manta-ray. We also stopped at a fruit stand on the way back. While she continued to prepare food for next week I carried my laptop across the street and sat in a lawn chair provided by Natalia and received and ‘Excellent’ report of the signal strength and was able to raise some things on line but when I attempted to click on files inside the folder I had brought up I got no response. Natalia’s friend, Carlos, is to be here in a few days to set up Natalia’s laptop from her sister so we are hoping he can explain what I am doing wrong. .   .   . After putting away the toy I left the house with a bottle of water and walked across the peninsula for lunch and returned by 2pm.  Natalia was still in the kitchen so I went in my room to read myself to sleep. By 4pm I was refreshed and ready to make the walk to the Café to post this and to check my email. All I got of that was a fifty minute walk. I was told Saturday that they would be open. After getting back to the house I took the lawn chair down from the shelf and went across the street to experiment with that wireless signal. Natalia had been cooking all day and she was taking a nap. . . .I am able to get notice that I am connected but not able to connect to the Internet. Looks like I may try this tomorrow morning when the business opens and turns on their computer. Hopefully that will solve the problem; if not I will hike to the Café and send my Sunday Blog on Monday Morning. When Monday morning rolled around I made one last attempt to log on at Natalia’s place but I was still unable to so. After a shower and breakfast I hiked to the Café and brought all of my puter stuff up to date. This evening I will be going to get those two teeth pulled and have no idea if I will feel like walking to the Café on Tuesday for a posting. We shall see. Between now and this evening I will do a bit of hiking around town but I don’t plan on doing a lot. I will get a good meal of solid food this afternoon because the doctor told me he will put me on a soft diet starting tomorrow. Natalia already has soup ready for me and this morning she made more Oats. She cooks oatmeal from the basic ingredients, nothing from a box for her! It does taste good, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment