Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Afternoon.



Tuesday 31st I left the Café just before 7pm last night and still arrived home before Natalia. She got there about 7:30 after having gone shopping after work. We visited for a short time before calling it a day. Tuesday [this] morning when I got up at 7am she had already returned from her early morning walk and had a pot of oats on the stove she had cooked for me. I thanked her profusely; it was never my intention to have such service and I told her so. Natalia is just that kind of person, she, like Terri, really loves to do for others. I left the house at 9:15 and explored the Old Town shopping area, I am sure I have seen it all before but there is so much of it I can’t remember from one day to the next. I walked back to the house and massaged my sore toe for a while before loading up my laptop and hiking to the Café. This time I ordered a very large chocolate chip cookie and a glass of milk. Perhaps there will be fewer calories in the cookie than there are in the chocolate brownie. During my shopping this morning I bought a Mazatlan T-shirt, 85 pesos, it seems to be quality cotton and a bit heavier fabric than the general run of the mill T-shirt. I liked the fact that the laundry instructions said no ironing. My plan now is to go back to the house and baby my sore toe so it will be ready for tomorrow’s adventure, whatever that may turn out to be!

5 comments:

  1. I just found out that I will recieve the final $100,000.00 from moms house on Monday. Oh!!!! and I found more coins in one of the boxes of her stuff! There are some silver 50 cent pieces that are very old...the most recent one is dated 1930.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silver pieces dated before 1964 are all valuable, good find!

      Delete
    2. yes, and there are quite a few! I also found more jewelry. I think some of it was your mothers. Pearls, mostly...and some of Grandpa Elfords' ivory masonic stuff.

      Delete
    3. Hahahahaha....boy, Caren took the bait - hook, line, and sinker! (I knew she would, her greed knows no bounds!)

      Delete
    4. OK...I need to post an apology. I was lieing about the coins and jewelry that I said I found. There was one buffalo head nickel, a broken strand of pearls, and a small toe ring that had a blue stone in it. That was all I found. I toook these items and gave them to the minister who was the executor of moms estate so that Caren could get them. I have done this with all the jewelry and other items that I have come across that were to go to Caren and I will continue to do this with any items I may find in the future. I apologize for my poor judgement in this matter.

      Delete