Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday afternoon

       


               Thursday…. . . This morning I left about 9:45 and walked through the Old Town shopping district on my way to the Café to check my Email. It was late enough by the time I arrived to order a second breakfast and inhale that before opening the computer. It took a while to clear my inbox of 60 items and react to 8 chess games that needed attention. I left the Café at 2:30 because I wanted to be home when Carlos and Natalia arrived. Natalia got in about 3:30 and explained that Carlos had to attend to a problem his daughter was having so he would not be making an appearance; perhaps another day.  Natalia left  after about a half hour to visit her sister and I started a new Novel I found on the shelf in my room. It was a quiet day and the cool sea breeze was very easy to accept.. . . . Shortly after six pm I        carried my puter and beach chair across the street to see if I could open my email. Fat chance.  I was unable to even access my Blog;I think the owner of the router I am piarating caught on to me and shut things down. I gave up and returned to the house. Natalia asked if I was successful and I told her my feelings, adding that perhaps I had ruined her chances of using that same signal when she got her laptop. She said she would ask them about it. I let her know I had no plans of making things difficult for her in her own neighborhood, the walk to the Café was simple enough for me. She  got her dander up and said, “No, I will ask”. She is a fire cracker and I feel I lit a fuse without meaning to. This morning I loaded my backpack with my laptop and water and began another day of exploring Old Town.  I left Natalia’s about 10am; right after the dryer finished with my bed cover that she had laundered earlier. She had gone to work about 8:30. I left the hous before 10am and again visited the Old Town shopping area. At 11:30 I purchased a piece of pizza and relaxed for a few minutes with that. I then returned to the house for some reading [nap] and relation. When I awoke I checked to see if I could get on the internet via across the street and it appeared that I had succeeded, from inside Natalia’s place. I quickly put the finishing touches on this little tome and attempted to post it. Did I succeed? You tell me.

5 comments:

  1. This all looks great, Cliff. I was very happy to read that you will not do anything that might jeopardize your personal freedom. We only have a little snow left in a few ditches. Today was all-sunny, but it was in the 20's this morning. Take Care and enjoy that sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad you are finally getting your internet back. So they must not have free WiFi in town. Do they charge you much at the Internet Cafe'? The Internet Consels in CanCun cost too much to use because they charge by the 5 or 10 minutes. It certainly kept the lines short to use them though. Do they have Star Bucks down there yet? Oh and my friend Glenna said if you can get her face cream there it runs about 45.00 in Mexico, but 125.00 here. She said that is IF you have room after you stuff my drug load in.
    Ashton will be returning home soon. Prossibly as soon as next week. We taught him how to mix ChiChi's food today, so he and ChiChi are getting slightly chummy. HAVE A GREAT TIME! And don't get Natalia too shook. We may come visit her in Aug. or Oct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you can read by the replies on your blog, this has been something that I feel very strongly about. The bottom line is that I am correct....you can be detained or thrown into a foreign prison for attempting to bring drugs that are listed as 'controlled substances' into the United States. I just want to see you come back and enjoy fishing/reading down at the river.

    Take Good Care Of Yourself....
    Melvin and Tippy...


    Turn Caren loose on Natalia? Kiss that friendship good-bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how now Caren writes on your 'comments' and acts like she is everyones' best friend and she doesn't talk about how she tried to get you to bring her drugs into the United States...the police called her and set her straight on her little drug-trafficing program. I sure do hope that many relatives will read these comments and thereby see her for what she really is...that is my wish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just don't need nor care to carry on with you Melvin. You have brought me to tears more than once over your rude comments and I am absolutely positive that has been your intent.. Who treats another human being like you treat your family? This is Cliff's blog. If you want to carry on then start your own blog. I care to read from Cliff and from now on will email him rather than post on his blog and allow your infinant wisdom to impress others. By the way no police department called me. I too hope our relatives read this because UNCLE Cliff spends a lot of time and money traveling, enjoys writing and publishing about about his travels. Had I known you were going to continue with your horrible and obviously inebriated comments, I wouldn't have ever posted today. Good times on your trip, Uncle Cliff. Caren (Ron) and the babies

    ReplyDelete