Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday

Wednesday. . . . . I started back to the house about 5pm yesterday but made several wrong turns and got in about 6:00. Natalia was not far behind. With her help I  tried to log on the internet via her neighbors wireless router but nothing we did gave me a better signal than ‘fair’ and that was not good enough for my computer to respond. He lives about 100 feet away and Natalia said her friends laptops work fine in her living room.  Natalia had some running around to do and left about 7pm. I added to this blog and continued to attempt getting on the Internet.. . . and failed. . . . I think I have a blister on the bottom of my left foot. No surprise, because I did a lot of hiking Tuesday, didn’t really take a lot of pictures,  but   there is plenty of time for that.  Today, Wednesday, Natalia was out at 4:45am to go stand in a line for something she had to take careof before going to work. I was up, showered and out the door by 7am. I walked about a mile to a market for two boxes of All Bran, 78 Pesos, and a half gallon of milk, 25 Pesos. A Peso is roughly 1/8th of a US dollar; I think it was 13.54 cents yesterday. I then walked back to the house and had breakfast. At 8:15 Natalia returned and got herself ready to go to work.  After my shower earlier I had attached a Band Aid to the broken blister behind my left big toe. I decided to wear my sandals sans socks today, it will be interesting to see how I do, no more blisters, I hope! I was out the door shortly before 9am to start the day’s adventure and to get this posted. I visited the large and main market in Old Town. Next to a wide open meat market with dead animals all over the shelves it is possible  to find another stall selling shirts and next to that will be found a four seat restaurant selling any Mexican morsel you can imagine.  Such a market you would never find in the US, the health hazard alone would shut them down. This area is truly a 2nd World country. It is fun to visit and I expect it would be no problem living here, people are friendly and harmless. I am not excited about watching policemen walking the streets with Machine Rifles but that is the culture. This Internet Café is about a mile and half from Natalia’s place so I am getting my exercise. In the future I will be leaving the house early in the morning to do my exploring without the Laptop. That thing in the backpack does get tiresome after 5-6 hours walking. After the exploring ends I will return to the house for it and walk to the Café for a meal. Natalia wants to cook but at the moment her mother, age 84, is not doing well after a fall so she is not home a lot. I have had lunch so I will post this and get back to it a bit later in the day tomorrow. Well over 70 degrees today, T shirt weather! I did learn something today, don’t sit under a shade tree in the city square when Pigeons are in the neighborhood, they have a tendency to drop poop unexpectedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment