Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Monday

Ron picked me up at the ungodly hour of 5:30 for the 57 minute ride to the airport. It only took about 15 minutes to get my ticket and slip through security. I have the pacemaker so I had to take the long way around to be checked by hand. It was after that that I was told I could have gone to one of the ‘tall’ machines and not had to wait.
The ‘tall’ machines are safe for pacemakers. I then sat in the waiting area playing with the puter. I am not able to get on line, I will experiment some more with that until it gets close to time to leave.. . . After a few more minutes I was able to get on PDX Wi-Fi but by then I had to shut things down and get to the plane. It left 30 minutes late because of deicing.  Arrived in Phoenix late because of airport repairs and ran to B10 for my next flight. However on the way to B10 I found a Burger King so I took ten minutes out of my busy schedule to inhale a burger and fries while phoning Terri in Hawaii. The flight to Mazatlan was a happy one, all aboard were excited about getting their two weeks in the sun…..Daniel, Natalia’s Nephew, age 19, picked me up near the baggage area and away we went in Natalia’s Toyota. I had once ridden in a Tijuana Taxi and that was exciting but it was even more so with Daniel. He really knew his way around and did a good job of playing chicken with the other nuts on the road. There are almost no lane stripes in the city so you can drive anywhere on the street that is not occupied by another automobile. I saw very few bicycles or motorbikes; I think they get killed off rather quickly in this very fertile hunting ground.  . . . . Daniel dropped me off at Natalia’s, gave me the key then he left to return the car to Natalia. When Natalia arrived an hour later [talking on her cell phone] we hugged and said Hello/Hola.  By the time she arrived I had all of my stuff put away so she suggested she drive me around Mazatlan Centro.  We stopped along the way and took a couple of pictures at the sun went down then returned to the house for soup and dinner. By the time dinner was over and the kitchen cleaned up we decided the day was over for both us. I was in bed   before 8PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment