Sunday, August 11, 2013

SATURDAY and SUNDAY


SATURDAY 10th.   I got away from the house by 6:45 and my first stop was Bridge of the Gods. I was told by the toll taker that the bridge was open to walkers but the cost was 50 cents. I like to walk across bridges so I took her up on the offer. The bridge is made of the steel structure that you can see through quite easily if you look down. I didn’t. I walked half way and took some pictures but I had to be careful because there is no pedestrian walkway. I was in competition with the traffic. The nice part of that is that the speed limit is only 15 miles per hour. I did take a picture looking down through the mesh at the RR tracks about 50 feet below me. I was thinking of posting pictures this evening but I discovered that I had forgotten my camera/computer connection. I phoned Caren and asked her if there was a Kodak Dealer in Boise but it turns out none exist. She did tell me about a Kodak repair rep in town and I found his office but he had gone home. No pictures will be posted until I find a way to do it. I will be in Colorado Springs on Monday morning so I will start the search again. Saturday night was spent at a rest stop near Exit 129 on I84 in Idaho; the temperature was 95 at sundown.

SUNDAY 11th…..10AM. . . .I was driving down the highway in Southern Idaho when I suddenly decided to stop at the next Rest Stop and examine my Laptop for a possible SD port. Bless my Soul! I found one! I then downloaded all the pictures in the camera to the laptop. Then, before continuing on my way I recorded this little note. My plan is to add pictures and post the whole thing on the blog. Wish me luck! When I left home I thought that Pikes Peak at the end of two days was a cinch. Tonight I am in Vernal, Utah with a long way to go. I was doing too much pokey exploring to keep any kind of schedule. When I got to the Motel I started in on the pictures, hoping to post some tonight. The results are as follows. I will mention that while posting this we [Vernal] enjoyed a warm and wet thunderstorm. Noisy too!
This is Mt. Adams from the South East. I was driving back from the Reunion In July.

This is Dick and Bonny's summer palace on the Kalama River. We are all enjoying the great weather!
The view from their place.

Bridge of the Gods from the Oregon side.

Nice view, looking upstream.

This is what the bridge is made of, my left foot is trembling with fear as I look down at the RR tracks below.

Mitchell Point looking across the Columbia at the Washington side.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment