Tuesday, August 20, 2013

SUNDAY 18th

........My plan was to stop at Niagra falls on the Canadian side but I did not turn at the proper place so ended up in the lane that took me to U.S. Customs. I arrived in line at 12:30 and it took till 2pm getting beyond that point. The time it took the Customs Officer to question me was about two minutes. The gas tank was in sad shape so I gassed up at $3.89 per gallon and drove the short distance to the entrance to Niagra Falls Park in the city of Niagra Falls, New York. I must mention that during the long drive from Salt St. Marie I bought 4 gallons of gas from a Canadian station. That sat me back $20.06 American. Our gasoline prices follow Canada by about a year so I expect we will all be paying that before too long.....I snapped many pictures at the park and the falls. Here is a smidgen of the total
The beginning of a very nice, long walk. I made it a lot longer than necessary by getting lost but so it goes. The weather was just right for a long walk in the area of the Falls.
 
That is Canada in the background
 
I was tempted to take the picture knowing it would be too light to be easily seen.
 
Before reaching this walkway between islands and the actual falls further downstream the water comes rushing down a slope of bedrock. The water is only about a foot deep, maybe two in places but it is running at  great speed.
 
The top of the falls looking down on the yellow jacketed paying customers who wished to get up close and personal with the falling water. I believe the tour takes them behind the falls. That must be a noisy place!
 
The tower reaching over the falls is loaded with tourists at $15.50 a pop. I spent my money on an ice cream cone.


No comments:

Post a Comment