Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WEDNESDAY 14TH

.............I slept very well last night and this morning I checked the outside temperature. It was 67 degrees, just right for sleeping! I was on the road by 7am and pulled into the Truman Library lot a few minutes after noon.  The house was a few blocks away and I was unable to get inside but the Library/Museum was beautiful.
House was built 1867, no doubt the Nat'l Park Service is keeping it looking first rate!

The Museum/Library is a couple of miles away from the house, sitting on a very nice little knoll in town.

The Lobby is very bright and inviting, there were several other visitors who had joined a guided tour, I followed them for several minutes but it was boring. I enjoyed my own tour.

I made this panorama of the recreated 'Oval Office'.
It is as it looked while Truman was President. How do you like that top of the line B/W Television?

This is a picture of his actual office while he was at the Library. This glass wall was one of his favorite things, he could look outside and see the inner court yard. This part of the building has since been walled in. This office is exactly as he left it the moment he died. You can't see  the stopped clock
to the right of the picture. It reads 7:50:45, the time of his death.
Courtyard and burial site of all three of them.

A view of the court yard from inside looking past the forever flame. A statue of Truman [life size] is standing beside the camera location, enjoying the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment