Friday, August 23, 2013

Wednesday, Thursday,Friday 23rd.

............After visiting the Kennedy Library I found myself at Hyde Park where I had a chance to get many pictures....... I have always wanted to drive out to the far Eastern end of Long Island just to be able to say I had been there. This Highway takes one through the 'Hamptons' of Long Island and the properties are something to see. I was not able to see any because off all the foliage around the places. I must say the driveways looked nice...and well paved. I arrived at the end of the Long Island world about dark and only took a couple of pictures of the light house before it got too dark.
The next morning I drove to New Jersey and took a few pictures of the Russian Teardrop before continuing [in the rain] toward Mt. Vernon. I pulled in there around noon today, Friday, still enjoying the rain. Some of the folks in my pictures are dressed for it but some were not. I was one of the nots. I will post a few of the pictures of the past three days, I hope you enjoy!
The F.D.R.'s entertaining a visitor.
The front of the house.
The Living room
Busts in the visitors lobb
This is what is standing at the end of Long Island. Now you know.
The Russian Teardrop, Google it, some story.
Mt. Vernon. The House
The Washington's had very nice furniture.
y









No comments:

Post a Comment