Tuesday, August 6, 2013

TUESDAY

..................I delivered the car to the car hospital this morning and waited while they did the oil change. I also complained about the drivers side window not going down as rapidly as in the past so that was checked and it needs a new part that will be delivered by Friday. I told them to not sweat the small stuff, I will not stick around to have it fixed if the part does not arrive in time. It was also discovered that the idler pulley was making noise so I had that replaced. It was amazing how much improved the noise level is in the car now. That pulley was making more noise than I had thought. I guess as cars get older we have a tendency to get used to the slowly raising noise level that occurs over time. This forty dollar change really made a difference.. . . . This afternoon I walked the doggy down Riven dell Lane for our two mile walk. On the way back he was showing a lot of strain, he actually stopped and was panting heavily. I never thought he would get old enough for me to have to carry him up that hill but that is what I did.  I have to admit though, on a relative basis he is much more overweight than I am, it should be no surprise that a almost nine year old dog might have trouble on a really warm day. He also stopped under the shade tree next to Roy's house and rested before walking the last fifty feet to his water bowl. At the moment he is asleep under the fan, snoring his little head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment