Tuesday, August 20, 2013

TUESDAY 20th

.........I was the first person in the door at the Kennedy Library this morning. The entire bottom floor is filled with memorabilia of the Kennedy years in the white house. A large amount of it is presented with actual recorded TV announcements
and speeches. There are many dozen TV sets running at all times, giving you the story of his 1,000 days with actual TV footage. The lower floor is broken up into many "side rooms" where there is a TV explaining what is going on. It all leads up to the fatal day in Dallas. I get the idea that it is to help see Kennedy as the first TV President. It is all well done and there are many items of more personal nature on display too. I spent as much time outside photographing the grounds as I did inside. At first I was not impressed with the location but as time went on it seemed to grow on me.
The entry. Behind the building is Boston Harbor.
 
A park like setting is part of the campus.
 
 Kennedy's sailboat, much smaller than I had expected, probably as large as one man would want to handle in trying circumstances.
The Bay, with the Boston skyline early morning. this is the view from the rear of the Library.
 
The lobby, clean and neat, no extra unneeded things to clutter up the place.
 
The main hallway downstairs with the presentation rooms branching off to each side.
I had been having problems with the puter so I pulled off I 84 on the way to FDR and got a motel room. The puter is working fine again, the battery is all charged up and my chess games and blog entries are up to date. Tonight I will sleep well and tomorrow morning I will stop in on FDR. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment