Monday, September 2, 2013

SUNDAY and Monday

........After leaving the Reagan Library I drove to Palmdale to see an old friend but when I phoned him to tell him I was in town he advised me that he was in no shape to visit so I continued north on Old 99. After the sun went down I found a Rest Area in which to spend the night.  Sunday morning found me near Sacramento so I stopped in to visit Randy and Mickey, old friends from my Southern California days. They were not home so I left a note on the door and continued to Paradise, California to say hello to Cliff and Barbara Quick. I did not stay long but it was nice to have a short conversation with them and Suzie, their sweet doggy. I left them about 3:30 if not later and drove to 30 miles short of Grants Pass, Oregon where another quiet Rest Area beckoned. I slept very well in the cooler, elevated location and was ready to hit the road again by 6:30 this morning. I arrived at the house shortly after noon and immediately grabbed my grocery list that was waiting on the counter and went to Safeway. I had already cleaned out the trunk of the car so the $120.00 worth of food stuff found plenty of room. After putting away the groceries I sat in front of the TV with a sandwich and fell asleep. I awoke about 4PM and drove over to the Teigens to gather up my doggy. He was most pleased to see me. He is a good dog and is slowly learning to love the Teigens. They enjoy his company too. It was a long trip, 10,200 miles in about three weeks. I put all of the expenses on the credit card. I have yet to look at the balance due. Wish me luck. I may, perhaps get back to posting pics but not this evening, I'm pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment