Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday

 ChiChi and I didn't get to go walking today. I captured him this morning and gave him a much needed bath. There is no need for me to leave him with Caren and Ron while so dirty. After he was almost dry I put him in the car along with my fishing pole and we drove over to the fishing hole on Larsen Lane. He proceeded to get sand all over himself but what else is new, he's just a dog. . . . While there I decided to start cleaning out the steps leading down the dike to the river. I was really surprised that it only took about an hour to complete the job. The work went really fast and though I stopped several times I never really did get tired. I started cleaning out around the fire pit too but about that time Mel arrived and we visited until I began to realize I was getting hungry and it was time to get home. Doggie and I arrive home about 3:30 and ate some cheese and apple with a small handful of home made trail mix I have on hand. That will hold me until later in the evening when I raid the freezer for a couple of scoops of ice cream. I caught no fish, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment