Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday

 Ron and Caren were taking Ashton and Colter to the Cardboard Boat races at the Lake today and asked me if I would like to meet them there. I arrived at about 10:45 along with the entire population of the county. Thanks to the cell phone I was able to find them but once the races started I wandered off to take pictures and never saw them again. Those boats are supposed to be made of cardboard but I did see some of the paddle wheels with thin plywood paddles. I captured a lot of exciting moments with the still camera but next year it would be a good idea to get it all on video. The boat from the Longview PD sank and left 6 cops swimming to shore, that was fun. I will have a good time putting together a short presentation to publish on YouTube. One problem I had was discover at 12:30 that the batteries in the camera died. I then inserted the two rechargeable batteries I had brought with me and found them to also be dead. It took me 20 minutes to walk to the car for fresh batteries and return. After the races ended I drove to Caren and Ron's place to return the food containers they had sent me home with last time I visited. Caren printed out a Potato Pie recipe for me to try and Ron gave me enough meat to make several dozen of the pies. I doubt I will use that much meat in a year. They are butchering again soon and need the room in their freezer. I no longer have a lot of room in my freezer. Caren is a good girl! I also talked to them about leaving ChiChi with them during the trip to So. Cal. and the lighthouses we are going to visit. They were OK with the plan and we decided it might be a good idea to get the doggie used to different surroundings so I am going to take him over there tomorrow and drop him off when I go bowling. I think it would be a good idea to do that several more times before leaving for the trip South...... My original plan this morning was to stop by the bowling alley after leaving the boat races but I was not in the mood so I will make up for it tomorrow. I ate a 50 cent slice of pizza and a Pepsi while I was there. It cost five dollars. I sure hope it went to a worthy cause.. . . After getting home and making room for the frozen meat in my refrigerator I read for a while and relaxed. The temperature got to above 80 today, It is a shame to have to wait until summer is half over before it gets warm around here. Did you know the longest word in the English language is Quitchurbellyachin? Perhaps I'm wrong about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment