Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday

My day began by getting up late, 7:10, and rushing around here in an effort to get to the Court House by 8AM. I was about three minutes late but all went well. I was chosen for a one day trial regarding a meth dealing Longview woman. When the bailiff left the room after telling us to choose a Forman the silence was deafening. I waited about 15 seconds before pointing at the lady at the head of the table and told the group we should choose her because she was already sitting in the spot where the Forman sits. She looked embarrassed but said 'thank you', I don't think she meant that in a good way but she was a good sport and ended up being a natural. We never did take a vote. Luckily she had in the past a lot of professional experience with the drug scene and appeared to know more about it than any of the rest of us. She was very good at explaining to the new citizen our system and helped her see things in a legal way. It did not take long in deliberation except for that. The judge came in after the trial and thanked us; he was really looking for volunteers for a 3 week trial that is to start next Monday. I didn't say anything but I would not complain if I get called. I won't know more until I check in again next Monday at 8AM.I did get home at 4:50, just in time for O'Reilly and as soon as that ended I opened the computer for the first time today. Here it is Monday night again, it seems like only two days ago I was watching my Monday night commercials. Time to answer my emails and post my blog.

1 comment:

  1. That's strange. My jury duty just ended last Friday and last Wednesday we had a drug dealing woman with 2 bail jumping charges. She was foung "Innocent of the drug dealing charges.
    Caren

    ReplyDelete