Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday

. I guess you might say today began at 3AM. I found myself wide awake and reading ‘Crime and Punishment’. I had gone to sleep at about 10 but the naps I had had yesterday were too much for me. After reading for half an hour I started feeling hungry enough to crawl out of bed and scramble a couple of eggs and toast some sourdough bread. After finishing that off along with a large glass of milk I went back to bed and slept like a baby until 7:30. I got myself caught up with my computer duties and had breakfast by 9am. About noon I coaxed [not hard to do] ChiChi into the car for a ride over to the Teigen house. Ron was keeping a doctor appointment and Shelton was in school so I visited with Caren, Colt and the baby for about an hour. Caren sent me home with some clam chowder she had made, I had that for lunch. Delicious, and I will be able to get three bowls out of the amount  she gave me.
            The sun was shining brightly and the river was inviting but I was just too lazy to go to the fishing hole. I decided to read and get fat this afternoon. It was really nice to look out the window and see the sun shining so beautifully on the lawn around my place. I am not looking forward to the snow that is coming this winter. The building I am in has a slope up before it drops down to the street and if there is more than 6 inches of snow on the ground I doubt I would be able to make it up the slope. But that is OK, it is still a great place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment