Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday

I enjoyed watching two deer clean up the fallen plums outside my living room window this morning. I was sitting at the table eating breakfast when I first saw them. It was a very peaceful scene. The barometer reading was 977mb when I got up this morning, I can not remember seeing it that low before.
After lunch I decided to sit in front of the TV with milk and cookies. The doggie jumped in my lap because he likes dessert too. I reached for a cookie and hit the glass of milk hard enough to knock it over. Milk was flying all over the chair side table and on to the kitchen floor. ChiChi immediately saw his opening and dived to the floor to lick up the milk. Luckily the cookies were left on the little table. It was at that moment I decided this was the day to mop the kitchen. It is a big area and I took my time. Just as I was finishing and pouring another glass of milk the dog barfed up all the milk he had found on the floor. The bad thing is that he did that on the carpet. It is 1% milk so hopefully it will not make a stain that I can not get out. At least the kitchen floor is clean again, it has been in need of attention for some time. Later today the deer came back and doggie saw her and started getting excited so I opened the door and let him go. He did not chase the deer but walked toward her. She easily hopped the fence and walked away. I noticed about twenty minutes later she had returned. The doggie was back in the house by then.
I  have been shocked by my portfolio downturn, mine has dropped back to where it was in June 2008. That was a bad thing then and no better now. I am just going to stick with it and hope the turnaround comes soon enough to last me for as long as I live. In the meantime I plan on cutting back on the small stuff but the trip to the sunshine this winter is still on if I can find the rates I have been looking for. My two road trips cost me a lot of money this year and the $2200 repair job on the car hurt too. At least that is behind me and if I am careful and the economy starts to turn around soon enough I will be able to make it all up and still go on as I have been. I have been predicting a bad downturn for several years and I still believe the worst is still ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment