Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday

Friday       I am happy to say that ChiChi got better as the night progressed. I was awake at 2:30 this morning and found him to still be lethargic. He had never gone to his bed and was sleeping on his pillow in the living room. I got him to eat a small helping of ice-cream, something he has trouble refusing any time, and then I went back to bed and turned off the light. I could hear that he had followed me to his own bed and was settled in for the rest of the night. At 6:30 I was awake again and when he noticed  he slowly came over to my bed lazily wagging his tail. He was willing to go outside to take care of his business but did not wish to eat anything that was in his dog bowl. When I had breakfast I placed about half of a scrambled egg on top of his dog food and he ate that. He has not eaten a whole lot more than that so far today. We braved the dark clouds that have been hovering overhead all morning and walked down the lane to the river and back. We were lucky regarding the rain. A few drops fell but the clouds were so high in the sky that I didn’t expect much. ChiChi showed excitement when I approached him with the leash so I felt he would do fine. After we entered the lane I removed the leash and he acted as healthy as he ever has on our walks. I would feel better if he got hungry but I am sure that by tomorrow everything will be fine.     

No comments:

Post a Comment